BLOG: What I Think About When A Song Is Playing
January 6, 2015
If you think what I say on the air is useless information, how about this list of 20 things I think about when I'm playing the songs. And, just like the stuff I say on the radio, much of this is probably made up, too. Or is it?
- WHEN I PLAY 'ROUND AND ROUND,' I THINK:
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- WHEN I PLAY 'YOUR LEARN,' I THINK:
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself.
- WHEN I PLAY 'NAKED EYE,' I THINK:
- The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
- WHEN I PLAY 'I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE,' I THINK:
- A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
- WHEN I PLAY 'ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT,' I THINK:
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- WHEN I PLAY 'TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP,' I THINK:
- 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
- WHEN I PLAY 'LITTLE RED CORVETTE,' I THINK:
- During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance.
- WHEN I PLAY 'GIVE IT AWAY,' I THINK:
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- WHEN I PLAY 'HOW TO SAVE A LIFE,' I THINK:
- John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son.
- WHEN I PLAY 'BAD ROMANCE,' I THINK:
- Luke Skywalker and Princess Leah are brother and sister.
- WHEN I PLAY 'SAFETY DANCE,' I THINK:
- Daniel Boone detested coonskin caps.
- WHEN I PLAY 'KISS ME,' I THINK:
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- WHEN I PLAY 'BAD MEDICINE,' I THINK:
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
- WHEN I PLAY 'HEY LEONARDO,' I THINK:
- Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- WHEN I PLAY 'DIRTY LAUNDRY,' I THINK:
- During the California Gold Rush of 1849 miners sent their laundry to Honolulu for washing and pressing because it was cheaper to have it done there than in California.
- WHEN I PLAY 'FLY LIKE AN EAGLE,' I THINK:
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.
- WHEN I PLAY 'MOVES LIKE JAGGER,' I THINK:
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- WHEN I PLAY 'KUNG FU FIGHTING,' I THINK:
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
- WHEN I PLAY 'A CHANGE WOULD DO YOU GOOD,' I THINK:
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- WHEN I PLAY 'TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS,' I THINK:
- A 2x4 is actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2".
BTW - right now I'm thinking: "today is the first anniversary of the demise of 98.7 The Peak."
© 2017 Russ Egan